Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Airport Transfers/Car Rentals/Shuttle Busses
The Grand Hyatt Kauai does not offer shuttle bus service to/from Lihue Kauai airport. Your choices are car rental, Turo, RideShare, Taxi or pre-arranged shuttle bus service.
It is strongly recommended that you have ground transportation
pre-arranged before you arrive in Kauai.
KAUAI TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
All Kauai Transport Options are found at https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/covid-19-updates/ground-transportation/kauai-transportation-options/ .
We have summarized these below:
All car rental companies are increasing their fleets and availability is expected to improve in the coming weeks.
DO I NEED A CAR RENTAL?
That depends on your personal preferences. The Grand Hyatt has an incredible pool and saltwater lagoon, restaurants, golf, tennis, spa, fitness room and many other features. You can enjoy a week in Kauai and never leave the hotel! With the cost of car rentals so high, you can save money by using shuttle busses and taking a tour:
· Take a shuttle to/from airport or Rideshare
· Use Uber or Taxi or free shuttle busses to go to dinner in/around Poipu Beach area
· Take an island tour or activity and leave the driving to your tour guide
AVIS CAR RENTAL DISCOUNTS
We have entered into an agreement with Avis for car rental discounts
Reserve on line here-COMING SOON!
OTHER CAR RENTAL COMPANIES
All major car rental companies are represented in Kauai. You may also try Expedia, Orbitz or other travel web sites.
TURO CAR RENTAL OPTIONS
Visit www.turo.com. These are private owners who rent their vehicle. Insurance is included with the rental pricing. TIP: Car rental prices drop when owners are unable to rent their vehicles. Check Turo often as you get closer to your dates of travel for lower prices.
AIRPORT TRANSFER OPTIONS
SpeediShuttle Van Transport
Offers private and shared van transfer from Lihue Airport to all hotels in Kauai. Prices are less expensive for multiple passengers.
Visit www.speedishuttle.com for reservations or call 1 (877) 242-5777
Various Rideshare apps exist on Kauai:
· Holoholo (a local Hawaii rideshare app)
*Download the Rideshare app to your mobile device on iTunes (Apple) or Play Store (Android) devices BEFORE you arrive in Hawaii. All Rideshares allows you to pre-arrange a ride
Where do I find my Rideshare driver at Lihue Airport (LIH)?
· Kauai Taxi Service 808-246-9554 https://www.kauaitaxico.com/
· City Cab Kauai- 808) 639-7932
· A1 Lift, Kauai taxi and island tours (808) 635-1167
Transportation Options from the Grand Hyatt Kauai
There is a free shuttle service from the Grand Hyatt to the following shopping/dining areas. Inquire for schedule and reservations when you check in at the Grand Hyatt.
· Poipu Shopping Village (7 restaurants/Starbucks and shopping) 1.5 miles away
· The Shops at Kukuiula (shopping, 5 restaurants) 2.2 miles away
· ALOHA Spirit Shuttle (which is the open-air green shuttle) runs nightly and is a complimentary service-plus gratuity at your discretion. Aloha Spirit Kauai Shuttle (fareharbor.com)